Zucchini & Broccoli Soup
A light, tasty soup for lunch is all I crave somedays.
When I have a few weeks of too many dinners out, one too many champagnes, and not enough rest, my body lets me know. It feels tired and slow, I get headaches and just want to curl up and snooze. A good way to fight this is with a healthy detoxifying soup. Of course, soup will never recharge me like a great night's sleep, but putting something green and healthy in my body seems like a step in the right direction. That is why I love this soup! As well as being simple and quick to make, it is great for you.
- 3 cups cubed zucchini
- 3 cups broccoli, roughly chopped into florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat then add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook another minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add in the zucchini, broccoli, salt, and broth. Stir, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender, or pour into a regular blender and blend until smooth (tip: you may have to blend in two batches depending on the size of your blender).