Quick Tips From Chyka's Laundry
There are a few quick laundry tips I love that I want to share...
They are pretty basic, but sometimes when you are caught up in the rush of daily life, small tips like this will make your day easier. I’m all making it easy! First tip, a handy downloadable washing sheet. I have one like this in my laundry that I refer to all the time, it has saved my clothes from some dire situations, and I think everyone should have one. Print it out and frame it on your laundry wall. Or simply blue tac it to the inside of a cupboard, refer to it when in doubt!
- Attend to stains ASAP so you have more of a chance of the stain being removed
- Have baskets to separate colours / dry cleaning and ironing to make the job easier
- Always separate your loads of washing, I know sometimes we forget but treating your clothes well means they will last longer. Turn your pants inside out and button them up, it keeps them in their original shape for longer
- Adding a tablespoon of salt to your washing will keep your colours brighter for longer
- Always check your labels, too much cashmere has shrunk in my wash - now I am all about the label!
- Throw a dry towel in your dryer. It will absorb the water from your drying clothes making them dry faster!
- Clean out the lint constantly and wash out the container in warm soapy water
- Clean out the detergent container so there is no build up of washing powder
- I always like to put my powder in a container so you always know how much you have left, and it looks nicer!
- Don't forget to maintain your dryer and washer for longevity. Get it checked every few years, if you hear an odd noise; investigate!
- Ironing with a sheet of aluminium foil under your ironing board cover will cut the ironing time in half. I have no idea how this works, but it just does!
- Try and keep on top of the washing ironing so that it doesn't mount up. But of course, it does! Need to get out a few wrinkles? Use your hairdryer to steam them out
- Keep your iron clean as to not transfer nasty stains on to your clothes
- Make sure you have a clean ironing board cover and enough padding to make ironing easier
- Ironing damp clothes will save on drying time and give you a crisper finish
DIY Linen Spray
What you’ll need…
- 30 drops of essential oil ( I have used lemon oil and lavender oil)
- 1.5 cups distilled water
- 3 oz. vodka
- spray bottle