WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
PHOTOS:: Lisa Atkinson
I am going to take you travelling with me on a little food journey...
Join me on my travels through Jordan and Israel this week as I share with you my favourite recipes from this side of the globe. I am in love with this style of food; it is so vibrant and delicious and seriously, anything that can be scooped up into some warm pita bread is a winner in my books. With influences from the Mediterranean mixed in with herbs and spices from Morocco, the Middle East & India, the flavours and smells from the dishes are just amazing.
All the recipes I am sharing with you this week are make the perfect side dish and can be paired with any meat. So take notes, print them out or save them to Pinterest because you are going to love these recipes. Also make sure you follow me on Instagram & Facebook because I will be sharing all of my adventures with you as I go…
Pureed Beetroot with Yoghurt & Za’atar, ingredients...
- 900g medium beetroots (500g in total after cooking and peeling)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp date molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to finish the dish
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 15g toasted hazelnuts, roughly crushed
- 60g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Parboil the beetroot, then bake them until soft. Peel and cut into quarters. Finely chop in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the yoghurt, garlic, chilli, olive oil, molasses, za’atar and salt and mix well. Stir in the beetroot.
- Scoop into a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil and garnish.
Recipe credit : http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/