WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
PHOTOS:: Lisa Atkinson
Positano is one of my favourite places to rest my weary feet in!
The views, the flowers, the beaches and the food are all just so amazing I wish I could take you all in my suitcase! As I spend the next few weeks travelling I want to share with you some favourite spots of mine, and this week it’s a quaint little town on the Amalfi coast of Italy…
My very favourite hotels to stay in Positano...
- La Sirenuse
- Eden Roc
- Villa Treville
- Villa Rosa
My very favourite restaurants to eat at in Positano...
- Da Vincenzo
- Ristorante Saraceno
- La Tagliata
- Il Ritrovo
When in Italy, do as the Italians do right?! So pasta it is! Zucchinis are a versatile vegetable and so easy to cook with, having it through pasta gives a creamy pasta a little health boost (and I know we can all do with that every now and again). Quick to make and delicious, this simple pasta is a real winner at my house.
Zucchini Prosciutto Spaghetti
- 400g dried thin spaghetti pasta
- 250g prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large zucchini, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 40g (1/2 cup) shredded parmesan
- Shaved parmesan and parsley, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, cook the prosciutto and onion in a large frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the zucchini softens slightly. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the zucchini mixture and shredded parmesan to the pasta and toss to combine. Divide among serving dishes and top with shaved parmesan and parsley. Season with pepper.
Credits: Images via pinterest