Delicious Chocolate Fondue
If you don’t like chocolate as a dipping sauce, I do not trust you!
There is nothing more decadent than a tray full of fruits, sweets and cheeses to dip into a gorgeous, oozy chocolate fondue. Nothing at all! Fondues are so simple to make, well melt real! They also look fabulous styled up on a platter, you will impress the fussiest of eaters. I know it’s very 1970’s and probably conjures up some bad memories for some (cheese fondues that film over at the top? no thank you!) but I have tasted the most delicious fondues in my time and I love them. Savoury or sweet, I’m not fussy!
Fondues are also the perfect winter dessert because seriously, who doesn’t want to sit in front of a fire and dip strawberries into warm chocolate? No one! All you need is a funky fondue set, which is available at any good food store and you are ready to go!
- 1 x 250g good-quality milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) thickened cream
- Four fresh figs, cut in half
- Eight large fresh strawberries
- 125g (3/4 cup) whole macadamia nuts
- Place the chocolate and cream in the bowl of a fondue set. Light the burner and stir the chocolate mixture until melted and smooth.
- Step 2 Serve chocolate fondue with the figs, strawberries and macadamia nuts.