WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
PHOTOS:: Lisa Atkinson
When holidaying in one of the most stylish countries in the world, what do I pack?
European summer is all about clothes that are free flowing and bright. I like to pack comfortable to wear, versatile pieces that I can throw on over a pair of bathers and then dress up to go out for dinner. I like to dress in fun colours and patterns when I'm on holiday as they just make me so happy, and there's something very freeing about being overseas and wearing clothes slightly different to your usual style. I pack clothes full of colour and full of fun, nothing too fussy and I never over-pack - that way I always have an excuse to go shopping when island hopping. I love wearing Australian designers as we really know how to use colour and I love showing off their designs when I am travelling abroad.
Designers I have packed in my case this summer…
- Cassie Harper
- Bonita Kaftans
- Hats from Love Kate
- Sandals from Sambag
- Runners from Country Road
- Earrings from Jimena Alejandra
- Travel wear from Sassind
But one can’t sit on the beach all day, or can they? Exploring the Amalfi Coast is a fun and gorgeous experience, with so much to see, taste and smell. A couple of day trips here and there are just what is needed to break up the R&R…
Fun day trips from Positano…
- Boat trip to Capri
- Wine tour of Amalfi coast
- Day trip to Sorrento
- Day trip to Ravello
- Day trip to Caserta (Reggia royal palace)
- Drive along the Amalfi coast and stop at all the tiny fishing villages
Favourite places to shop in Positano…
- Deltino deli goods, perfectly jarred bundles of goodness, an absolute must have in your pantry.
- Pansa confectionary goods to die for, from chocolate to peels. Situated in one of the most iconic spots on the Amalfi coast.
- Ceramica Artistica produces amazing ceramics, I have lugged home many a platter and bowl from here, and every one was worth it!
- Capri Positano Sandals Sandals are one shoe I can never get enough of and this label, hands down, does a fantastic sandal.
Day tripping and shopping are thirsty work; it’s time for a Bellini I think!
What you'll need...
- 60ml peach juice, puree, or nectar
- 120ml Prosecco or Champagne
And mix! Cheers from Positano xx
Credit: Supporting Images via Pinterest