The classic pavlova is a dessert for every Australian table.
A mini pavlova is the perfect end to a Christmas lunch (or dinner) or any summer dinner party. What I love about pavlovas is that they can be a little messy, a little broken and a little slapdash, because the crunch of that meringue makes up for all the perfect imperfections.
This pavlova I have smothered in mango and papaya and paired it with Circa Home's Mango & Papaya candle. It's like wrapping yourself in mangos!
- 4 white eggs
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Whipped cream
- 1 mango
- 1 papaya
- 4 passionfruits
- One bunch of fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 150c.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating well until the mixture is glossy.
- Sift the cornflour over and add the vinegar and fold through.
- Divide the mixture into six individual rounds on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Place in the oven and reduce the heat to 120c. Cook for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and sliced mango ad papaya. Garnish with fresh mint.
Trying to figure what it's all about.