- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of mashed banana
- 1¾ cups (255g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- extra butter, icing sugar and banana slices to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 8–10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the banana, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm (2.5 litre-capacity) lightly greased loaf tin lined with baking paper. Bake for 60–65 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Garnish with banana slices and icing sugar. Slice and serve with the extra butter. Serves 6–8.
Credit : Feature Image via Epicurious.
Chyka Keebaugh [Chyka.com]