Zucchini Pasta With Avocado Sauce
Why just settle for regular spaghetti bolognese?
Sure, spaghetti bolognese is fine. But I think you know me well enough now to know that I love to mix things up! This zucchini pasta with avocado sauce is too delicious. Enjoy!
- 3 cups yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini spiralized
- 56g whole wheat spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese and pine nuts for topping
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3-4 green onions (green parts)
- One garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Pulse all sauce ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the cherry tomatoes in a large skillet over medium-high heat with a very quick drizzle of olive oil. Gently shake the pan to get them moving (you might want to grab a lid for this – they start to spatter when the juices hit the hot oil).
- Continue cooking until tomatoes are roasted-looking, and the skins are split or loosened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the zucchini to the same pan and toss for 1-2 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Add the spaghetti and the avocado sauce. Toss until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with reserved tomatoes and Parmesan if you like that sort of thing. Serve immediately.