This simple no-bake cheesecake is perfect for any occasion.
It’s the perfect little dessert for a Saturday evening at home, tuck into whilst watching a great movie. Can’t wait!
- 14 graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2.5 cups fresh blueberries or pitted cherries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- 225g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Lemon zest
- Put the graham crackers into a large bowl and crush into crumbs using the end of a rolling pin. Mix in the melted butter, brown sugar and a pinch of salt until thoroughly combined. Put to one side.
- Place the blueberries, lemon juice and icing sugar in a pan and heat gently until the blueberries start to break down and the mixture is hot. Gently stir in the cornstarch mix (as not to break up the blueberries too much) and heat through, while stirring for another 30sec until the blueberry mix has thickened. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and mix with a hand whisk until the cream cheese has loosened to a smooth consistency. Add the vanilla extract and the confectioner's sugar, then whisk again until combined.
- Whisk the thickened cream in a separate bowl until thick, but still soft.
- Spoon the whipped cream into the cream cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Spoon three heaping tablespoons of the cracker crumbs into the bottom of a mason jar and push down with a spoon or the end of a small rolling pin. Gently spoon on two heaping tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture and level it. Add two tablespoons of the blueberry mixture.
- Repeat for the other mason jars, then top with a little lemon zest. Place the lid on a refrigerate until needed.
Chyka Keebaugh [Chyka.com]