Sweetcorn Quinoa Salad
WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
PHOTOS:: Lisa Atkinson
Today I am sharing with you one of my favourite lunches - the sweetcorn quinoa salad.
Salads are my go-to for lunch. I look forward to a tasty, healthy salad especially if it is filling. If you are like me and eat at your desk a lot and don’t always want an uninspiring sandwich for lunch, crunching my way through a salad is the perfect solution. No guilt, all flavour! A simple to make, nutritious salad that can be pre-made, pre-packed and ready to go will give you one less thing to do on a morning.
- 200g Quinoa
- 180g toasted sweetcorn
- 200g cooked broccoli
- 1 Avocado diced
- Tablespoon chopped chives
- Small handful of chopped smoked almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 60mls lemon dressing
- 50 ml EVOO
- 10mls lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Mix all together in a bowl.
- Cook the quinoa to packet instructions.
- Blanch the broccoli in salted water until just cooked and refresh in cold water.
- You can use fresh sweetcorn if you like but frozen will also work if you like. Toast it straight in a frying pan, frequently turning till it has a little colour. Remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in your lunch container and season with salt and pepper to taste, add lemon dressing just before eating