Beautiful Bundt Marble Cake
Some may say these cakes are a little daggy, but I love them!
I love cutting in and seeing stripes and shapes, and they are so simple to make, sure a little messy but so easy. I love this recipe because it’s not a traditional marble cake, it’s a little bit fancy, and anything in a bundt tin has my name on it! So let’s get baking!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon slat
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Sift baking flour and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl ass in 1/2 cup of sugar, the cocoa powder and water and whisk until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Place melted butter and sugar in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high until mixture is blended for approx. 1min. Add in vanilla and beat until combined. Add and beat eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once all eggs are added beat mixture until it becomes light a fluffy.
- Turn mixer speed down to low and add the flour in three additions, alternating with the milk in two additions and mixing just until blended.
- Add two cups of the batter to the cocoa mixture and stir until blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop, pour two scoops of vanilla mixture into the pan. Now alternate and pour one scoop of mixture on top of vanilla mixture. Continue to alternate between vanilla and chocolate layers until bundt pan is filled.
- Bake pound cake for 50-60mins at 350 degrees or until a cake tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15mins. Invert the cake onto the rake and cool completely.
To make the icing
- Place chocolate and cream in a pan over a low heat and stir until chocolate is melted. Set aside to cool for 10mins before using.