The heart motif on Valentine's Day is too sweet to ignore.
I love to spread the love in my home, and a simple heart can really make the day special and I love seeing this motif throughout my home.
I've decided to keep it simple this year as Bruce and I will be staying in on the night, so I have cut out as many red, pink and patterned paper hearts that I could and have scattered them across my Valentine's night dinner table.
I love the look of having different sizes and colours scattered across the dinner table, it highlights the casual nature of a quiet dinner at home.
What you will need
- A variety of coloured paper (I would suggest sticking to 1-2 colours and playing with various tones in this colour. Also having some patterned paper adds a fun touch).
How to do it
- Take one sheet of paper and draw an outline of a heart to you liking.
- Once satisfied, gathered a handful of sheets and stack behind our outlined paper. Take your scissors and cut out the outline to create multiples of your heart.
- Repeat this process by experimenting with different sized hearts and colour paper.
- Paired with a vase full of beautiful red rose as the centrepiece with candles, I think this is such a lovely way to celebrate the day if you are planning on a quiet night in with your loved one.