A party isn't a party with a beautiful drink in your hand.
Circa Home sent me their Elderflower & Amber candle as a delicious Christmas present and asked my, "What drink would you pair with this scent?"
This white nectarine Prosecco sangria with ginger and elderflower cocktail makes for a perfect Christmas day drink. It's flavour is lovely - it almost tastes like summer and works perfectly when infused with a sugar syrup.
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 medium sized white nectarines or peaches chopped and sliced
- 1/4 cup strained lemon juice
- 1 (750ml) bottle Prosecco or other dry sparkling white wine (Cava) chilled
- 1 cup St. Germain elderflower liqueur, chilled ice
- 1-3 cups sparkling water, chilled
- In a large measuring pitcher, muddle together the honey and chopped ginger until the juices run out of the ginger. Do this for 1min.
- Muddle in 2 chopped nectarines (or peaches) and lemon juice until well crushed (alternatively, pulse the mixture in a food processor or with an immersion blender to speed up this process).
- Stir in half of the Prosecco.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and into a large punch bowl or pitcher, pressing on the fruit pulp to extract the good stuff. Then discard the pulp.
- Add the rest of the Prosecco, the St. Germain and the remaining sliced nectarines to the sangria.
- Taste, adding more lemon juice if you feel the drink needs it.
- Add sparkling water to the pitcher and serve within the hour while the drink is still bubbly.