Here is one of my favourite Capital Kitchen recipes.
The beef and bacon burger is one of our bestsellers and once you make your own you will understand why. You will be hard-pressed to find a more delicious burger with tis amount of flavour. A huge bacon rasher sticks out as a precursor to what is about to come. A beef patty dripping with melted tasty cheese and showered in a house made mustard mayonnaise is what pumps this burger full of taste. Fresh lettuce, tomato, cornichons and the delicate sweetness of a lightly toasted brioche bun compliment the patty. Enjoy!
- 1kg premium beef mince
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 50gm BBQ sauce
- 50gm tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 70gm breadcrumbs, fine
- 30gm Worcestershire sauce
- Bunch of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Saute onion and thyme until caramelised.
- Add garlic to colour and cool down.
- Mix beef mince, egg, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, tomato sauce and seasoning. Then add onion and mix.
- Add fine breadcrumbs to combine if wet, but do not over mix.
- Roll into four patties and fry until both sides are brown/slightly charred.
- Fry the bacon strips.
- Assembly the burger any way you like.