WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
My favourite breakfast is without a doubt smashed avocado, because it is so simple and so easy to make.
Topped with goats cheese or an egg on multigrain bread - yum! It's so easy to make that perhaps someone else could make it for you while you lay in bed.
- 2 small firm ripe avocados, stone removed and peeled
- 80g goats cheese, crumbled (or feta)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus extra to garnish
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 4 large slices of rye bread
- Sea salt and black ground pepper
- Place the avocado in a medium sized bowl and mash roughly with a fork.
- Add mint and a large squeeze of lemon juice. Mash until combined.
- Season with sea salt and black ground pepper.
- Toast or grill rye bread until golden.
- Spoon 1/4 of the avocado mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Top with crumbled goats cheese (or feta)
- Garnish with mint and serve immediately.
Trying to figure what it's all about.