This recipe for turkey stuffing is one we use at The Big Group.
It is wild rice, cranberry and pistachio. You will only understand how good this stuffing is if you make it yourself!
- 100g wild rice, cooked in salt water till tender
- 100g barley cooked in salted water till tender
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g dried apricots
- 50g pistachios
- 50g currants
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Roughly chop the cranberries, apricots and pistachios. Finely dice the carrot, onion and celery and lightly sweat in a pan together with garlic.
- Chop the thyme and add it to the cooked vegetables. Add the cooked barley and rice to the pan along with the chopped cranberries, apricots, pistachios and currants.
- Add the stock and cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, add a handful of chopped parsley, 2 eggs and half a cup of dried panko crumbs to bring the mixture together