The smell of oranges wafting through the house is such a gorgeous aroma, be it a burning candle or a boiling orange on the stove. One of my favourite cakes is a simple orange cake. Perfect paired with coffee for afternoon tea. And don't forget your lashings of cream!
- 125g butter softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1.2 cup self raising flour sifted
- 1 tablespoon orange rind zested
Orange Icing Ingredients
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon orange rind zested
- Combine all cake ingredients and beat thoroughly for 3min.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20cm x 10cm loaf or 20cm ring tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 180c for 30-40min.
- Turn onto wire rack and allow to cool.
- Combine all icing ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour icing onto the cake.
Trying to figure what it's all about.