I am so excited to share with you the beautiful Rose Gold Cake that one of the most popular cakes at The Big Group.
If you're after opulence and elegance, this is the cake for you! This will make one 20cm round cake. And for an added effect, once the cake are made and set, cut the bulb of a pink rose and gently push it into the top of the cake.
- 6 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 300g brown caster sugar
- 1 orange
- 400ml olive oil
- 400ml yoghurt
- 540gm self raising flour
- 70g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Whisk eggs lightly and add brown sugar and caster sugar.
- Continue to whisk for a further 2-3min.
- Gradually ass olive oil while whisking to incorporate.
- Stir in yoghurt.
- Sift and stir in the dry ingredients to combine
- Bake at 170c for 40-50 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
- 300g icing sugar
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1 drop of pink food dye
- Stir ingredients together until smooth and pour of the top of the cake. Allow the glaze to slowly drizzle over the sides.
Chyka Keebaugh [Chyka.com]