Marshmallow Pops For All!
WORDS:: Chyka Keebaugh
PHOTOS:: Lisa Atkinson
These colourful creations of sweetness are a joy to make, admire and eat!
'Soft' and 'crunchy' – the best of both mouth-watering textures! I love the contrast of hard and soft, like the use of concrete and faux fur, or charcoal coloured concrete planters with lush green foliage - the contrast of materials is visually exciting.
When it comes to food, there is nothing better than biting into a crunchy outer coating to discover a delicious gooey centre of marshmallow, and these marshmallow treats are so simple to make, you can turn it into such a fun afternoon activity with the kids. Set up a selection of toppings and let them pick and dip!
- 1 packet of marshmallows
- 2 packets of melting chocolate
- 1 packet of coloured 100 x 1000 sprinkles
- 1 packet of white cupcake sprinkles
- 1 packet of chocolate shavings
- 1 packet of crushed nuts
- 1 packet of cake pop sticks (available in most baking stores)
For added effect, use a floral oasis placed in a coloured pot or vase to assemble a super cute marshmallow plant like I've done! The oasis will also help to keep the pops upright while you are leaving them to dry.
- Melt the chocolate down to a runny, smooth consistency.
- Prepare the marshmallows on the pop sticks and get them ready for dipping.
- One by one, dip your cake pops into the chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off before decorating them with your chosen toppings.
- Assemble your marshmallow pop sticks in the oasis.
- Put in the fridge to set.